|Amy as a "Star Bellied Sneech"|
on Dr. Suess Day.
Her unique mixture of enthusiasm matched with a calming presence made us fall in love with her. Dependable to the core, you can always rely on Amy to make "it" happen. If there is a problem to solve, she's on it. She is eager to learn all she can to make herself a better teacher, and I have seen her go many extra miles in that pursuit. She is a reader and a dog lover, and we count ourselves extra lucky to have Amy in our midst.
* How did you find your way to TLS?
After teaching reading and 1st grade in Chapel Hill for 4 years, I was looking for a school that would allow more freedom in the curriculum so that I could truly share what is in my heart with my students.
I think TLS is a beautiful place to work, on our wooded campus with all the flowers and gardens, I love every moment that we are learning together outside!
* What is your happiest childhood memory/what makes it so special?
Playing soccer was my saving grace and I have so many happy memories from practice pranks, games, sleepovers and tournaments on the road. I wish I still had soccer practice to go to everyday.
|Amy and her American Bulldogs Hova and Brooklyn|
* What did you want to be when you were 12 years old?
An Astronaut. In 6th grade I went to the Challenger Space Shuttle museum on a field trip, where we were Astronauts for the day, I learned so much about NASA and space that day and it was so much fun to be with my whole class.
* What would you listen to if you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life?
Free Fallin by Tom Petty
* What is your favorite children’s book?
The first chapter book I ever read The Chalk Box Kid.
* What's your favorite tree or What is your favorite flower? (Why?)
My favorite tree is a Weeping Willow tree because I had one in my backyard growing up and there was also one on my grandparents farm. I guess it always reminded me of them while they were far away.
* What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Strawberries, Buffalo Sauce, Steak
* If you could do any other job in the world, what would it be?
A children’s author, I’m collecting stories as we speak!
* What words do you live by?
If it is to be, it’s up to me