I believe that children learn best when they can explore their environment in their own way and timing. It’s our job as teachers to provide them with the opportunities and materials they need. I love seeing the wonder and curiosity in children's’ faces when they are experiencing something for the first time.
* How did you find your way to TLS?
Two years ago, when I was about to graduate with my Associate Degree in Early Childhood, I began to search online for jobs. I ran across a job posting from The Little School. When I went to the website , and read more about the school’s “5 Big Ideas”, I thought “ This is the school where I want to teach!”.
When I was a child, my family went on a big vacation every year. We went to several neat places, but my favorite was Yellowstone National Park. It was so amazing to see all the beauty and diversity of that place. I remember seeing lots of wildlife. My Mom loved bears, but we hadn’t seen any the whole time we were there. When it was time for us to leave, my Mom started crying because she was disappointed that she hadn’t seen a Grizzly Bear. Without her asking him to, My Dad immediately turned the car around and drove us through the park for a couple more hours. We finally saw a Grizzly bear on the side of the road! My Mom was so happy.
* What did you want to be when you were 12 years old?
A Kindergarten Teacher. I can’t even remember a time when I didn’t want to be anything other than a teacher to young children.
Curious George. My grandma,”Mimi” used to read it to my brother and I all the time when we were little.
* If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Julie Andrews. She’s always been my favorite actress. Sound of Music is my all time favorite Movie.
* What is something about you that most people may not know?
I’m a Vegetarian , and have been one my whole life. I’m very interested in Nutrition, and have taken some courses on it in the past.
* If you were an animal, what would you be? Why?
A horse. So strong and powerful, yet gentle and beautiful.
* What would you listen to if you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life?
“ Simple Love” by Alison Krauss.
* What's the most memorable class you've ever taken?
Children with Exceptionalities.
* If you could do any other job in the world, what would it be?
A Professional Photographer
* What words do you live by?
Be the Change you want to see in the World.
* What do you value most or hold most dear at TLS?
I especially love the emphasis on Outdoor Exploration. I grew up spending lots of time outdoors, and It’s still my favorite place to be!
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments. All comments are moderated so your comment may not appear immediately on the blog.